The Historic Woodfield Inn was built in 1852, on 28 rolling acres as The Farmers Hotel. The Inn served as the first stage coach stop along the Old Indian Trail. During the Civil War, Confederate soldiers were garrisoned at the Inn to protect the Flat Rock community. Confederate soldiers hid gold and jewelry from Union Troops and renegades in a secret room that is still accessible from one of the second story rooms. Written on the inside wall of the secret room is reportedly the formula for making gun powder.
After the turn of the century, the Inn was sold and renamed the Woodfield Inn. The Inn has been entered into the National Register of Historic Places. The Inn is now called the Mansouri Mansion. The Inn is located on Hwy. 225 South, Flat Rock.